Land Disturbance Permit:

The Environmental Protection Division of the State of Georgia requires a Land Disturbance Permit to be submitted and approved whenever a parcel of property larger than 1.1 acres will be developed, regardless of the size of area being disturbed.  Some local authorities are authorized to issue these permits on the behalf of EPD.  Both the City of Valdosta and Lowndes County fall into this category and require a Soil Erosion Plan to be submitted at the same time.  Some local jurisdictions do not have issuing authority and permits must be obtained from the state.  Engineers at Innovate Engineering have been assisting private developers in obtaining these permits from local authorities as well as the state of Georgia.  Please email us if you have any questions regarding this process:


EMAIL:  Bill Kent, PE